Filming in the United Arab Emirates can be a great experience with plenty of opportunities to create amazing visuals and capture stories. But in order to film in the UAE, it is important to follow the right procedures and take the necessary steps to obtain a film permit.
Traversing through the technicalities in getting a film permit can be an intimidating process. This guide will provide a detailed step-by-step process for applying for a film permit through UAE Film Permit.
1. Research the Area You are Planning to Shoot
When it comes to applying for a film permit in the UAE, researching the area you are planning to shoot is a critical step. Gathering as much information as possible on the location you’ll be filming in can help you avoid potential delays and impediments during the permit application process.
It’s also important to research the local laws and regulations for filming in the area. Find out about permits required, such as police permits or special permission from the local government.
Additionally, check for any additional fees or requirements, such as hiring security personnel.
Finally, if you’re shooting in a public area, make sure to research any regulations or laws regarding public access. Some areas may require you to obtain a permit or obtain permission from the local government.
Make sure to check the local laws and regulations to ensure everything is in order before submitting your application.
By doing thorough research on the area you’re shooting in, you can make sure that the permit application process goes as smoothly as possible. With the help of UAEFilmPermit, you can have the confidence that you’ve taken all the necessary steps to make sure your permit is approved.
2. Know the Guidelines of the UAE Film Permits
When applying for a film permit, it is important to be aware of the guidelines of the UAE film permit.
- UAE has specific rules and regulations for film permits. These include regulations regarding film and broadcasting activities, including the age of the cast, crew, and staff, and the type of filming (including aerial filming).
- UAE permits are required for any filming taking place in public areas such as a beach, a desert, a street, or a market.
- Permits are granted based on the project. If a production company is applying for a permit, they must provide information about the project, including the script, the filming location, the cast and the crew. All of this information must be accurate and up to date in order for the permit to be approved.
- Certain types of filming are not allowed in the UAE. It includes sequences which are offensive or degrading to Islamic values, promote nudism or anti-government behaviour.
Following these guidelines will help ensure a successful and seamless application process for a film permit through UAEFilmPermit.
3. Prepare and Submit your Application
Applying for a film permit through UAEFilmPermit is easy with a simple and comprehensive application process.
To ensure a successful and timely application, it is important to read and understand the instructions and requirements and comply with them. Here are the essential steps for preparing and submitting your application.
- Gather Necessary Documentation: Collect all the necessary documents you need to submit. It includes a script of your project, a storyboard and a list of equipment, as well as a valid visa and passport.
- Fill Out the Application: Once you have all your documents ready, you can begin to fill out the application accurately and completely.
- Obtain Required Permits: Depending on the type of film project, you may need to obtain additional permits from authorities, such as the UAE Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development and the Dubai Film and TV Commission.
By following these steps and keeping your paperwork in order, you can easily apply for a film permit through UAEFilmPermit.
4. Wait for Permit Approval
The final step before you can start filming is to wait for your permit approval. This process usually takes five business days. However, the waiting period may vary, depending on the complexity of your project and its scope. You need to be patient and proactive while waiting for the approval to come through.
Once you receive your permit approval, you should review it carefully to make sure that all of your project’s requirements are included. If you have any questions or concerns, you should contact UAEFilmPermit immediately.
You can also use this time to prepare for filming. Make sure that you have the necessary equipment, crew, and supplies ready. It is also important to ensure that you have all the correct paperwork, including any permits or licences that may be required. Follow these tips for a smooth permit approval process.
We understand that applying for a film permit continues to be a complicated process for filmmakers. At UAE Film Permit, we make this process easier. With the right information and a few steps, we ensure that your film is legally insured for shoot in the UAE.
Begin your filmmaking journey in the UAE with UAE Film Permit. Connect with our experts today!